We are temporarily closed. With the government’s announcement about eased restrictions for restaurants & cafes, we are one step closer to re-opening our doors! While we are unable to open just yet, we are busy planning our return and can’t wait to see you again soon! Stay updated >
Cocktail Recipe: Please + Thank You
You can now make The Butler’s favourite cocktail at home with this cocktail recipe, Please and Thank You!
The Butler’s Please & Thank You cocktail (much like the Spicy Señorita at SoCal Neutral Bay) has been a crowd favourite since we opened our doors in 2014, and now we’re sharing the secret recipe for you to make this delightful drop at home.
Taking the base of a simple Lychee Martini, we jazz it up a bit with the addition of rosé vermouth, pink grapefruit, vanilla bean and some floral notes thanks to orange blossom water. I’ll take another, please & thank you.!
30ml Beefeater Gin
15ml Adelaide Hills Distillery Rosé Vermouth, but feel free to substitute this with any liqueur or vermouth you fancy.
30ml fresh lemon juice
15ml vanilla bean syrup, you will need 1 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of water and 1 vanilla bean.
30ml pink grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed or store bought – either will be fine.
3 lychees, fresh (if in season) or from a tin – sourced from any Asian grocer.
2 dashes of orange blossom water, you can source this from any health food store.
- Firstly, make your vanilla bean syrup. In a small to medium sized pot, add your sugar and water over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthways and scrape out all the vanilla into your pot. Add the emptied shell to your pot also. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Place your syrup to the side to chill.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice to chill it and place to the side.
- Then, add all of your ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well for 10-15 seconds.
- Discard the ice in your glass, and double strain your cocktail into your chilled glass.
- We garnish ours with a sprig of baby’s breath flowers fastened on with a mini wooden peg, however you can garnish with whatever you would like!